Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Did that REALLY happen?!





Can it be that SAMOA is the most amazing Mini club in North America? After 300 Miniacs and 78 Minis gathered at the 40th Anniversary reunion picnic last Saturday is there any doubt? The picnic was preceded by a tour of the beautiful Snoqualmie River valley. From the tour organizer and overall event chairman, Tim Boyd:

It was 10:45 Saturday morning as I made my way into Carnation to set up for the first Eastside Mini Tour in over 20 years. On the way to Tolt Middle School, thoughts ran through my mind as to what cars would be going on the tour. I was thinking a few minis and a bunch of SUV’s. To my surprise when I arrived at the school I already had people setting up for pre-registration and a few minis in the parking lot. I pulled into the parking lot and Dorothea and Judy brought their registration table over behind my car and we started staging minis. We had three minis line up and things were looking good. It seemed like every few minutes another mini would show up and get in line. By noon our line of minis went across the parking lot, around a tree and then next to the minis already in line. In all we had 27 minis, 3 Binis and 1 Mazda. The crew that had been working on this reunion for the past 8 months was pumped! I just want to say thanks to everyone that took part in this tour and to all the people that helped with it.

Tim Boyd

ps. would you believe me if I told you that the Jones soda bottles that all the tour entrants got are going for $45.50 on eBay!

1 comment:

MiniMe said...

And what a tour it was! It was our first tour with instructions (isn't that a rallye?)and Marian really took it to heart. She wouldn't hear of quiting when I mentioned that the car was missing a bit. She actually hollered at me when I missed a turn. I believe it was the first time she yelled at me since our son James was born. If anyone needs a naviGATOR let me know. Thanks Tim, Don